What we Believe
Afrika Wa Yesu (Africa for Jesus) Bible College and Ministry exists to establish believers in the Word of God. To assist them to find their place in God’s plan for their lives as well as for their nation. To direct and inspire them to receive and impart vision; to become true and faithful disciples of Jesus who will make disciples also, affecting their area of influence through the love of Christ.
This Training Centre offers balanced teaching from the Word of God, giving a firm foundation built on biblical truth, with emphasis on praise and worship, prayer and intercession, life in the Spirit and practical ministry preparation.
The Afrika wa Yesu Team is made up of international and national missionaries, focused on equipping Mozambicans to do the work of the ministry, sending them out to change their nation through evangelism, leadership training and church planting.
Afrika wa Yesu is a multi-faceted ministry, touching communities through offering quality dental treatment, primary health education and emergency relief in time of famine and natural disasters. This ministry is driven by a heart for people, a love for souls and a passion to know and serve Christ.
To help you know our heart and mission, read our book Beyond the Shadow by Ellie Hein.
- That the Bible is the only infallible, inspired, and authoritative word of God.
- There is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- In the blessed Hope of Christ's second coming, the rapture and the resurrection of the dead, both the saved and the lost; one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- In the regeneration by the Holy Spirit being absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- We believe the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to the believing prayer.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- The sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
We believe in God's plan of salvation as it is written in his Word, the Holy Bible.
- The Bible says all have sinned (Romans 3:10,23. Romans 5:12) and need to turn away from their sins (Luke 13:3, Acts 3:19).
- Forgiveness and salvation are free gifts given to those who, through faith, believe, in God and turn away from their sin (1 John 1:9, Eph. 2:8,9, Isaiah 55:7, Romans 6:23).
- God loves us and sent His only Son Jesus to die in our place so that we may be forgiven and live with God for all eternity (John 3:16).
- The Bible says that if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, we will be saved (Romans 10:9,10).
- Jesus promised His disciples that He would not leave them comfortless, but that he would send the Holy Spirit to lead them into all Truth. He promised that they would receive power through the Holy Spirit (John 16:13, Acts 1:8)
- He commissioned His disciples (all believers) to share the good news of salvation and to operate in the power of the Holy Spirit. (Mark 16:17-20)
- All the promises of (Luke 4:18) are for those who believe in Jesus and receive His Spirit.